Thursday, August 1, 2013

Michael Jordan Sighting ?

MICHAEL JORDAN SIGHTING ?

   

     Let me see..  if my memory serves me.. is this Michael Jordan ?  No- he was #23.   Is it LeBron James ?  No- again- wrong number.  Hmm.. wait.. now I remember.. how could I possibly forget ?  this is the world-(in)-famous Bob Wingate in action, skying for another rebound. This must've been a live shot from ESPN. =)


   ACTUALLY FOLKS- this was a Special Event with the ROWAN COUNTY SENIOR GAMES.  This took place at the Catawba College gym, with our local Senior Games basketball team {the Rowan Ringers} taking on a group of professional NFL football players.  YES-- that's right.  We couldn't scheduleThe Miami Heat or even The Charlotte Bobcats to play us { I doubt we would've wanted to}.. so we got the next best thing.  Who won?  Well.. let me just say.. it was close..                                     We have a group of about 15-20 guys who play pick-up games every week at the local YMCA & sometimes at the college gym.  Then every summer, we have a local tournament & then we take teams to Greenville, NC every October to compete in the NC SENIOR GAMES State Tournament at ECU.  It's a lot of fun.. it's been a great outlet for me.. and I know all of the guys on our team enjoy it !

No comments:

Post a Comment